How busy is your day? Do you have time to de-clutter areas in your home?
Organizing a few spaces over time could make your life so much easier. For now pick 1 space and for 30 minutes get to work. I like to use my timer to keep me focused on the task at hand.
I’m excited to be featured on the MakeSpace blog with tips on how to organize your life 30 minutes at a time.
MakeSpace is an on-demand storage delivery service in NYC. How it works: they drop-off storage bins to your home, you pack, they pick-up and bring it to their secure storage facility. When you need something, you schedule a delivery (which can even be done via a smart phone app).
Amazing! and perfect for New York City storage challenges.
Enjoy reading and please let me know what you think below.
5 organizing projects to complete if you only have 30 minutes
1) Snack pantry
- Love the over the door shoe organizer
- Start by taking everything out of the pantry and putting like with like
- Look at expiration dates
- Either if you use a shoe organizer, or a clear bin — take snacks out of the boxes (boxes are bulky)
- Putting cereal in a tight lid container not only helps with identifying the brand but al keeps it fresh & tells you how much is left in the box
- You can use part of the box label for the front of the organizing container you choose – adhere with clear tape
- Start by taking everything out of the glove compartment.
- Keep only want is necessary in your car
- No personal affects ie – cc, keys, home address
- Go through the center console
- Pull out papers from the side of the doors and behind the seats
- Get an organizing caddy for kids toys and bags and blankets that you might keep in your trunk
- Limit what you have in the trunk
Make sure you have in your car:
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- car phone charger
- pad & pen
- emergency first aid kit (basic)
- insurance info and vehicle registration
- flat tire fixer
- tire gauge
- booster cables
- Seat belt cutter and window breaker
- Reflective triangle
- Tissues & plastic garbage bag
3) Underwear & socks
- Start by taking everything out of the drawer
- Match up all socks together with its pair
- Get rid of socks without a match OR put a few of them in your cleaning supplies for dusting
- No holes!
- Make sure all the bras are the correct size
- If the band has lost its stretch it’s time to toss it out
- Underwear that has faded or had tears throw out
- Fold them neatly together…
4) Bathroom products
- Start by taking everything out of the medicine cabinet
- Look at expiration dates
- Sort like with like – make zones for products
- Get rid of too excess
- Makeup doesn’t last too long… really think if you need all of the products you have… there might be a reason why something hasn’t been used in a while
5) Media (DVD’s and CDs)
- Gather all CDs and DVDs from all over your home
- Group like together
- Get a CD holder and take the CDs out of the jewel cases
- Jewel cases take up too much room
- DVDs can be organized in different ways depending on your space
- Donate CDs and DVDs to organization that might need them, the library (call ahead first if they take them) friends, or local charity